Coursera’s mission is to help individuals build the skills they need for in-demand jobs.
- Provides learners with access to 5,000+ courses and certifications led by top businesses, universities, and organizations.
- Courses include: English for Business and Entrepreneurship (ESL), Become an EMT, Bookkeeping Basics, Design a Restaurant Menu, Food and Beverage Management, Branding: The Creative Journey.
- Contains “Gateway Certification,” a program for people without a degree or experience, built by companies such as Google, Facebook, and Salesforce.
Visit the California State Library’s page where you can register for courses.
Northstar Digital Literacy tests your computer skills. You can build skills in key areas, and demonstrate your knowledge by earning certificates and badges, that you can present to employers or list on your resume, through proctored tests given in person in the library or remotely. Prepare for your future now!
Develop new skills and passions with Skillshare and California State Library. Online classes with expert instructors and a supportive community will keep you motivated whenever and wherever you’re ready to learn. After creating your account with the link above, click here to learn more.
GetSetUp has a catalog of over 500 classes exclusively for older adults! GetSetUp offers 40+ live classes on weekdays and 25 on weekends. Classes are offered for older adults just learning technology, as well as the following categories:
- Physical Health (exercise, healthy cooking)
- Mental Health (stress, meditation, dementia)
- Social Health (book club, gardening, pets)
- Vocational Health (resume writing, interviewing)
Finding a job can be a complicated process. LearningExpress Library provides an easy-to-use search tool with everything patrons and students need to find, apply for, and get hired into ideal positions. It delivers award-winning information on careers, skills and interest assessments to match individuals with ideal career paths.
This innovative job-hunting platform has everything job seekers need to create professional and competitive resumes and cover letters, search for jobs that fit their needs, give professional interviews and more.